ZIMSEC O Level Commerce Notes: Transport: Liners
- They are also known as ocean liners
- Cargo ships which are not meant for hiring.
- There are also ocean liners that carry people.
- They follow strict time-tables thus allowing suppliers to plan deliveries in advance.
- They have fixed routes
- They may be specialised for example refrigerated ships used to carry fresh produce.
- They have permanent home ports.
- Their freight charges are fixed at conferences.
- They carry passengers and a variety of cargo.
To access more topics go to the Commerce Notes page.