ZIMSEC O Level Commerce Notes: Retail Trade: Supermarkets
A large shop with a minimum floor area of 186 square meters, sells household goods and grocery on a cash and carry basis. They are mainly situated in busy areas like suburbs and growth points.
- has many check-out points and a parcel counter or bays
- has security measures e.g. guards, T.V circuits, mirrors etc
- offers trolleys and baskets for carrying goods in the shop
- displays goods according to uses
- sells branded and pre-packaged goods
- goods are individually priced
- goods are usually fresh
- has wide aisles
- offers self-service method of selling
- offers a variety of goods
- places daily used commodities at the back e.g. milk and bread
To access more topics go to the Commerce Notes page.