ZIMSEC O Level Commerce Notes: Wholesale Trade: Specialists wholesalers and Cooperative wholesale societies
- These wholesalers:
- Specialise or are experts on one line of products e.g. sale of fruits like FAVCO.
- Offer expert advice to customers on the product.
- Provide any other services provided by general wholesalers.
Cooperative wholesale society.
- Are formed by producers e.g. farmers or cooperative retail societies.
- Buy from producers.
- Can produce own goods.
- Buy in bulk from farmers at low prices.
- Sell in bulk at low prices.
- Each member contributes capital.
- Surplus made is shared among members.
- Normally sell perishables.
- Provide a variety of goods.
To access more topics go to the Commerce Notes page.