ZIMSEC O Level History Notes: The Ndebele State:Religious Organisation of the Ndebele State
- They believed in a supreme God whom they called Umnkulunkulu.
- The Ndebele adopted the Rozvi Mwari called Mlimo in SiNdebele and Amadhloziformerly called masvikiro
- In times of disaster they consulted the Amadhlozi so that they could mediate to Mlimo
- They also consulted the Amadhlozi in times of war as they were used to instill discipline in the army
- The Amadhlozi prepared the warriors psychologically for war
- These religious leaders were respected highly that Mzilikazi and Lobengula paid tribute to those who stayed at Matonjeni and Uswa
- The Ndebele practiced the Inxwala ceremony with the king presiding over it
To access more topics go to the History Notes page.