ZIMSEC O Level Commerce Notes: Communication: Radio paging, tele messages and Prestel
- Is a one way communication system.
- Is an internal means of communication.
- I used by people in an organisation only.
- Is hired from the post office.
- A public address system e.g. used in supermarkets, hospitals and factories.
- It provides a beeper.
- Is a quick way of communication.
- Messages are dictated over the phone.
- The message is transmitted by telex to the post office nearest to the addressee.
- Messages is sent by a post office messenger to the addressee.
- Suitable for short messages.
- System which enables subscribers to have information extracted from the computer through a network
- The information is displayed on an adapted Television set.
- Used to check on prices and interest rates.
To access more topics go to the Commerce Notes page.