ZIMSEC O Level Commerce Notes: Transport: Ocean Tankers
- They are large in size ranging from a few thousand tons to over 500 000 tons in size.
- They are a bulky type of carrier ship that specialise in transporting liquids e.g. crude oil.
- They provide a safe way of carrying liquids.
- Simplified to load and unload liquids.
- Designed to carry large amounts of oil.
- They can be hired by various charters e.g. voyage charter.
- Each tanker carries a flag state designating its country of origin.
To access more topics go to the Commerce Notes page.