ZIMSEC O Level Geography Notes: Natural Resources: Water: Water quality
The quality of water can be improved by:
- Improving water treatment techniques.
- Improving sanitation at household level.
- Treating sewage before discharging it in streams and rivers.
- Recycling industrial waste.
- Use of bio-degradable chemicals in the manufacture of detergents.
- Bio-degradable chemicals are substances capable of being decomposed/broken down by bacteria or other living organisms and thereby avoiding pollution.
- Use of organic fertilizer in place of chemical fertilizer.
There is a close relationship between the quality of life and the supply and quality of water to local communities.
To access more topics go to the O Level Geography Notes page