ZIMSEC O Level Commerce Notes: Wholesale Trade: Marketing Boards
Reasons for setting up Marketing Boards.
- These are set up by the government for the following reasons:
- To store agricultural produce.
- To reduce monopolies in the selling a certain strategic goods.
- To control the selling and buying prices.
- To even out the supply of goods.
- To prevent shortages of goods.
- To facilitate a ready market for such goods.
- To facilitate exportation and importation of certain goods.
- To inspect , grade and weigh agricultural produce.
- To promote Research and Development of agricultural products.
To access more topics go to the Commerce Notes page.