ZIMSEC O Level Commerce Notes: Insurance: Making an insurance claim
- The insured contacts the insurance company or broker and:
- completes a claim form giving details of the loss, honestly
- and provides the necessary police report.
- The insurer checks on the provisions of the agreement to insure if there is no breach of the contract.
- The insurer considers if the loss is a result of the risk covered.
- The insurer assess the loss:
- The amount of compensation to be paid is calculated.
- The insured is indemnified in accordance with the principle of indemnity.
To access more topics go to the Commerce Notes page.