ZIMSEC O Level Commerce Notes: Letter of Inquiry
Letter of inquiry
- It is a letter written by a buyer/potential buyer to a supplier or to several suppliers.
- It shows the names and addresses of both the buyer and the seller.
- It has and shows a date of issue.
- In which the buyer/potential buyer requests the following information about goods/services from the supplier:
- The types/range of goods available for sale.
- The size of the goods/services.
- The prices of the goods/services.
- The terms of payment and availability of credit and if any discounts are available.
- The terms of delivery for the goods including the dates and delivery cost.
- Is written by a buyer to the supplier.
- It shows the names and addresses of the buyer and seller.
- It states the expected time of delivery and method of payment.
- Might quote the catalogue number or quotation number if any.
- It shows the quoted prices.
- At the barest minimum it is made in duplicate (i.e. there are at least two copies).
- The buyer states the description of goods/services they desire to buy in the including:
- The desired quantity.
- The desired size.
- The desired name/ types/ models of goods.
- The colour of goods desired.
- The quality of goods desired.
To access more topics go to the Commerce Notes page.