ZIMSEC O Level Commerce Notes: Advertising: Introduction, Purpose and importance of Advertising
- It is the act or practice of calling public attention to one’s product, service, need, etc.,
Purpose/Importance of advertising to consumers
- It informs consumers about the following:
- The prices of various goods and services.
- When new goods and services are available.
- About where to get goods and services.
- About how to use the goods and services.
- About changes in goods and services.
- About the variety of goods and services available.
- About any promotions and sales taking place.
- About the terms of delivery and payment.
- About job vacancies.
- About any events taking place.
Purpose/Importance of advertising to producers
- Attracts customers
- Increases sales.
- Maintains sales.
- Reminds customers about existing goods and services.
- Educates consumers on health and safety issues.
- Fights competition.
- Improves the company/business’s image.
- Can be used to counter bad publicity.
To access more topics go to the Commerce Notes page.