ZIMSEC O Level Commerce Notes: Indent document
- An ordr to buy goods abroad.
- Sent by an importer (principal) to an agent overseas.
- Gives details of:
- types, quantities and prices of goods required.
- How the goods are to be forwarded.
- Marking or numbers on crates for identification.
- Cost of insurance.
- How goods are to be packaged.
- Place and address to which goods are to be delivered.
- Terms of payment.
- Can be an open indent where:
- the indent does not state the source from which the goods are to be obtained.
- The agent must obtain quotations from several suppliers or manufacturers .
- The agent must inform the principal about the orders placed on his behalf.
- Or it can be a closed indent where:
- it specifies the types ( and brands) of goods required and the manufacturers from whom the agent must buy the goods.
To access more topics go to the Commerce Notes page.