ZIMSEC O Level Commerce Notes: Transport: Functions of an airport authority (CAAZ)
- In Zimbabwe the Civil Aviation Authority of Zimbabwe (CAAZ) is the airport authority.
Functions of an airport authority.
- As already said above the Civil Aviation Authority of Zimbabwe (CAAZ) is Zimbabwe’s airport authority.
- It carries out the following functions:
- Controls and directs air traffic by use of a radar.
- A good and well levelled runway.
- A warehouse or goods shed for the storage of cargo after it is unloaded or before it is loaded.
- Cranes and forklifts for loading and off-loading cargo.
- Repair and maintenance facilities.
- Refueling points for aircraft.
- Information on departure and arrival times of aeroplanes.
- Information to pilots on weather conditions and any other critical information.
- Office space for traders and customs and immigration officials.
- Duty-free shops.
- Walk-ways for passengers.
- Car parks
- Hangers for aeroplanes.
- Security to both people and property( including goods).
To access more topics go to the Commerce Notes page.