ZIMSEC O Level Commerce Notes: International trade:Forwarding Agents/Freight Forwarders
Forwarding agents also known as Freight forwarders.
- Collect goods from consignors’ premises.
- Carry goods to their warehouses.
- Warehouse/Store the goods.
- Send goods to consignee.
- Provide facilities for export packing.
- Arrange insurance for the goods.
- Fill in the necessary documents used when goods are transported by ship e.g. bill of lading.
- Provide information on:
- export and import formalities.
- Transport services available.
- Book space on a ship for goods.
- Ensure that goods are delivered to the importer (consignee) by instructing their representatives overseas for final delivery of goods.
- Earn a fee for the work they perform.
To access more topics go to the Commerce Notes page.