ZIMSEC O Level Commerce Notes: Consumer Rights
- The right to basic human needs:
- consumers must have access to basic needs such as food, clothing, water, shelter, education and health care.
- The right to safety:
- Consumers must be protected against goods and service or production processes which are dangerous to health.
- The right to be informed
- consumers must be given facts and figures required to make informed choices and decisions.
- The right to choose:
- consumers must have access to a wide range of goods and services.
- The right to be heard:
- Consumers must be allowed to express themselves and lodge complaints.
- Consumers must also be represented in government and other policy making bodies to enable them to put across to put across their views.
- The right to redress:
- consumers must be accorded a fair settlement of just claims.
- Consumers must be compensated for sub-standard goods and services purchased.
- The right to consumer education:
- Consumer must be provided knowledge of their rights.
- The right to a healthy environment:
- Consumers must be protected against environmental hazards i.e. consumers must live in a clean and safe environment.
To access more topics go to the Commerce Notes page.