ZIMSEC O Level Commerce Notes: Certificate of Origin
Certificate of origin
- Specifies the name of the country which goods being exported have been manufactured e.g. Made in China.
- Required for the assessment of amount of duty to be charged on imports from the country of origin.
- Required when customs authorities want to enforce an embargo.
- Signed by an exporter or a consul to certify the origin of the goods.
- Send together with the goods being exported.
- a description of the goods that is the types and quantities.
- Names and addresses of the importer and exporter.
- The signature of the exporter/and or consul.
- The name of country of origin of the goods.