ZIMSEC O Level Geography Notes: Transport: Buses and Tram cars
- They are fast
- They are comfortable
- They are punctual
- They carry a lot of passengers at once.
- They are cheaper than other modern modes of transport.
- They have prescribed pick up and drop points (bus stops and stations)
- The reduce traffic congestion
- They use cheaper fuels (i.e Diesel which is mistily cheaper than petrol)
- Enjoy economies of scale.
- They are less versatile
- Cannot provide door to door services.
- They are relatively slow.
- Require expensive good quality roads.
- Can cause fatal accidents.
- Cause air pollution
- Thefts can occur at bus stations
- Cannot access some remote areas e.g. some parts of the Eastern Highlands were roads cannot be constructed.
- Touts who man these buses often cause havoc and chaos
To access more topics go to the Geography Notes page.