ZIMSEC O Level Commerce Notes: Advertising: Techniques used in advertising
Techniques used in advertising
- In order to make advertising more effective and appealing to consumers various techniques are employed including:
- Ambition-This is when a successful person is sued to advertise the product for example a celebrity like Oliver Mtukudzi.
- Romance-The technique tries to connect the use of product to success with the opposite sex. This is employed with products like jewellery and perfumes.
- Comedy-this is when comedians are used to advertise a product in order to amuse the audience.
- Social acceptance-when the advertisement implies that the use of the product will result in the user being elevated on the social ladder.
- Personal appeal-Celebrities are used to endorse and recommend the product e.g. Soccer stars like Lionel Messi.
- Desire for easy life-is used when selling labour saving devices such as vacuum cleaners.
To access more topics go to the Commerce Notes page.