ZIMSEC O Level Geography Notes: Natural Resources: Energy: Advantages and Disadvantages of wood/crop residue/cow dung as a source of energy
- Renewable energy sources.
- Cheap or free in rural areas.
- Easily accessible where forests or woodlands/crops/animals exist.
- Tsotso stoves conserve live trees.
- Technology very cheap and readily available.
- Ash can be used as fertilizer.
- Multi-functional energy sources.
- Over-exploitation of forests has serious environmental effects such as deforestation, destruction of ecosystems and animal habitats, accelerated soil erosion among others.
- Air pollution occurs from burning of the energy sources.
- Use can destroy forests or homes through accidental fires.
To access more topics go to the O Level Geography Notes page