ZIMSEC O Level Geography Notes: Sunshine
- It has a glass sphere surrounded by a metal frame.
- On the frame is attached a sensitive card.
- The sphere focuses the sun’s rays onto the card.
- As the sun moves across the sky it burns a trace on the card.
- At the end of the day the card is taken out and the length is measured in hours and minutes.
- There are digital versions that continually record the amount of sunlight.
- Sunshine is important for various activities for example solar drying of crops or solar energy generation.
Go back to Geography Notes Home to access more topics.