ZIMSEC O Level History Notes: The Zulu under Tshaka: Reasons why Tshaka was assassinated.
- He was an absolute ruler/tyrant.
- He disrespected and often humiliated traditional chiefs.
- He did not consult with his commanders.
- He dismissed commanders at will often for petty reasons.
- He killed his subjects for petty offences.
- He killed any girl whom he impregnated because he did not want a successor.
- He did not give his relatives positions of authority.
- The army became exhausted as a result of endless military campaigns.
- Tshaka’s successes made his relatives Dingaane and Mhalangane jealous and want to usurp the throne.
- Mkabayi suspected Tshaka of killing his mother.
To access more topics go to the History Notes page.