ZIMSEC O Level Integrated Science: Photosynthesis
- Green plants are the food and oxygen producers of the living world.
- They manufacture organic molecules from inorganic raw materials.
- Animals rely on green plants to make food that provides them with energy and oxygen.
- Green plants are thus known as producers and animals are in turn known as consumers.
- Only green plants can make food.
- The process by which green plants make food from inorganic materials is known as photosynthesis.
- Photosynthesis- is the process by which green plants use light energy to combine carbon dioxide and water into carbohydrates and releasing oxygen as a by product.
- The word equation for photosynthesis is:
To access more topics go to the Integrated Science Notes page.