ZIMSEC O Level Integrated Science: Chlorophyll and Photosynthesis
Aim: To test whether chlorophyll is necessary for photosynthesis.
Two plants with variegated leaves i.e. leaves that are partly green, permanent marker and equipment for the start test.
- Draw on one of the leaves tracing out the green parts and separating them from the non-green parts.
- Place the plant in the light for a few hours.
- Test the leaf for starch.
- Record the results.
- The parts without chlorophyll tests negative for photosynthesis.
- The parts chlorophyll tests positive for photosynthesis.
- Chlorophyll is required for photosynthesis.
To access more topics go to the Integrated Science Notes page.